Sunday, February 16, 2014

Valentine's and Impacting the World

Every February brings the holiday that is known for hearts and roses, chocolates and balloons, and the obligatory "date night". I celebrate Valentine's Day, but I'm also a firm believer that love should be shown 24/7, not just once a year. I'm sure most people carry the same opinion. Everyone loves love, right? Well if you don't, then I wouldn't suggest that you keep reading, because it just gets "mushier" from here on out.

My Valentine this year, as has been for the past 8 years, has been my amazing husband, Brendon. (EIGHT years?! What?!) He's really amazing and if you've ever had the pleasure of meeting him, you'll agree. He's funny, he loves Jesus, he's driven, hard working, slightly sarcastic, and he's my best friend. Let me show you the card he got me, just to highlight everything I said about his personality.



Like I said, he's pretty humorous.

Everyone who knows me knows I love pictures, so here's some from yesterday.

                                               
                                      My Valentine's Day inspired nails.



  Pretty roses my hubby brought home, because all most girls love flowers. Guys, take notes. 

He got me this ring too. So beautiful!

We had dinner at Wasabi. N E V E R. A G A I N. The food wasn't bad if you could get past the massive crowds of people that stretched out past the front door. Next time, we're just going out to dinner the night after because the crowds were ridiculous. People who had reservations still had to wait over an hour to be seated. We saw waitresses crying, people angry, babies fussing, it was a mess. By the time we got a seat, Brendon wasn't feeling good and he was feeling nauseous so we just ordered and got our food to go. :( Poor guy. Good thing is, he's feeling much better today!

But before we left we had a really great conversation. Like, I said earlier. I love love. And one of the many reasons I love my husband is because he gives awesome counsel, especially when I most need it. So, lately I've been feeling like time is going way too fast. Sometimes, I feel like I'm being smothered by time. Almost like it's a wicked stepmother hovering over me and reminding me about everything I haven't done. I've always wanted to impact the world and sometimes I struggle with the reality that my version of how I impact the world isn't the same as God's version of how I'm going to do it. These past few weeks, I've really struggled with wanting to be an impact and being discouraged that what I'm doing is not enough. I shared my heart with Brendon and I love what he said, "Every act of obedience to God is an impact on the world."

WOW.

Every act of obedience to God is an impact on the world.

That was certainly eye opening for me. Thinking about it from this perspective also helps me feel better and encourages me to be obedient to Christ. For anyone out there struggling to find your purpose, all you can do is obey Christ and everything will fall in place. :)

Oh, I forgot to mention that early that morning, I gave Brendon his Valentine's Day present from me. We didn't do big presents for each other this Christmas and instead we put the money towards a vacation, so it was really nice to be able to buy him something that he has been wanting. I got him an Aimpoint Pro, which is a high tech red dot sight for his AR-15. His reaction was really sweet. I can't seem to post the video on here, so here's the link for it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203252713104341&l=2996097952771447755



Here's a picture of him cheesin'. It turned out to be a pretty fun day and a great week in general!

Until next time!
Angie




No comments:

Post a Comment